From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
====================== HES POSTING ===================

[NOTE: This message appeared on Eh.Teach, and I thought the student might
benefit from replies from historians of economics. She has given
permission for the message to be posted to HES.  I did ask her why she
restricted her query to articles; her response was that they decided that
books probably appeared on undergraduate course reading lists, but
articles might not.  Please respond to her rather than the list; I asked
her to send me a copy of her results, which I'll post to the list. -- RBE]

Dear Prof:

My name is Julie Smith and I am a senior Economics undergraduate at the
University of Pittsburgh (Bradford) working on my honors project.  I would
greatly appreciate if you could respond to a very brief survey I am conducting.
This will help me immensely towards my project.  (I have estimated that the time
taken to complete this survey should be <= 4 min.)
The Survey
I would like to know the 3 most important articles an Economics major ought to
read (before graduation).  I am keen on knowing the 3 you would list.  Please
complete the list as much as possible.  I can fill in the gaps.
1.  Author:
 Journal:
 Title:
2.   Author:
 Journal:
 Title:
3.   Author:
 Journal:
 Title:
Note:  Thank you very much!  All private information will be confidential.
Only the aggregate results will be used towards a summary.  Feel free to
forward this survey to your fellow-econ-colleges (friends) who could help an
eager undergrad.
Thank you,
Julie