AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
"German, Daniel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
German, Daniel
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2011 20:09:46 +0000
Each year at the ACA Annual Conference, the Special Interest Section on Access and Privacy Issues organizes a session specifically focused on issues of interest to archivists and their institutions regarding access and privacy issues. This is a call for suggestions for papers for the ACA 2012 Conference which is being held 7-9 2012 in Whitehorse in the Yukon.  The general topic of the conference is "Archival Gold".

The general call for papers stated:

 The 2012 ACA Program Committee invites proposals from all areas of archival theory and practice that focus on records in any and all media. Topics might include:
* Examinations/highlights of archival fonds/collections (e.g., "studies in documents");
* Eureka! moments in archival history and their impact on current practices;
* What exactly is archival gold? (e.g., cultural definitions, societal priorities, community perspectives, including First Nations);
* Where and what is the gold in the digital age? (e.g., social media, collaborative workspaces, cloud computing);
* How do archivists know something is "gold" and what do they do when it turns out to be "fools gold"? (e.g., appraisal, reappraisal);
* How do we share our hidden gold with others? (e.g., dissemination, use, accessibility);
* Do we search for and preserve archival gold on our own, or do we work with partners, or both? (e.g., relationships with creators, users, other professionals and communities).

When drafting your proposal dealing with access and privacy issues, keep these general topics in mind.

Please send all suggestions to either [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] The Deadline for proposals to the ACA is 23 September, so any proposals to the Special Interest Section must be received by 19 September if we are to plan any session proposal

We look forward to your suggestions...

Paulette Dozois                 Daniel German
Chair                           Vice-Chair
SISAPI                          SISAPI