From:
Alan G Isaac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2014 10:58:06 -0400
Although I am not even remotely an historian, I believe
I actually could help you understand this chronology, if you
had any real interest in understanding it.  However, I am
not very interested in your rhetorical tactic of changing
the topic.  I also think that simply reminding you to reread
Flaubert's Parrot would better serve both of our interests.
Additionally, before allowing myself to be so baited,
I believe I should wait for you to give a real response the
points in my post.  My primary interest in the response you
gave so far is that it manifests Godwin's Law and fails to
acknowledge Hanlon's razor.

I will however ask a couple additional questions.  Sticking
with your chosen Mises text (Liberalism), despite its more
polemical than academic rhetoric, would you claim that in
this text there is support for fascism as an ideal form of
government? (If you do want to make such a claim, I hope you
will start by providing a recognizable definition of
fascism.) Second, since an understanding of the proper role
of government is definitely promoted in this text, will you
claim that that understanding is compatible with fascism?
Finally, turning now to the chronological approach that you
favor, will you claim that at the time it was simply
benighted to see the Russian revolution as a threat to
"civilization" and "property"?

Alan