From:
André Lapidus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
André Lapidus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:34:06 +0100
Hi,

Catherine, you might have a look at papers on David Hume by Marc Diaye and
me in EJHET 2005 and 2010. See also Robert Sugden's reply in EJHET 2005.
Marc and I explicitely distinguished desire, related to preferences, and
will,
related to choice.
It seems to me obvious that since it rests on a philosophical distinction
between desire and will, such an approach could be fruitful concerning, for
instance, sensualist philosophers like Condillac and, more generally,
preclassical authors.

Best wishes,

Prof. André Lapidus
PHARE
Maison des Sciences Economiques
Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne
106-112, boulevard de l'Hôpital
75647 Paris cedex 13

Master THEME
(Théories, Histoire Et Méthodes de l'Economie)
http://theme.univ-paris1.fr