Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 1994 17:24:39 -0800
I've just joined this listserv, so bear with me if I'm repeating the
familiar. I'm trying to track down all of Mark Twain's own SF. The database
here (which Taylor Robertson has kindly introduced me to) has interesting
stuff, but it's mostly about Twain in other people's SF.

So far I have Connecticut Yankee, The Mysterious Stranger, Captain
Stormfield's Visit to Heaven, and From the London Times of 1904--the last a
short story with a powerful anticipation of global TV if not cyberspace
itself.

Where would I draw the line between SF and everything else? I think I'd
leave The Diary of Adam & Eve outside--but let me know what you think. (I'm
quite open to SF elements in Twain's otherwise "mainstream" fiction.)
Thanks for your help!

Crawford Kilian
Capilano College
North Vancouver, BC