From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
                         CALL FOR PAPERS

By initiative of the Association Charles Gide pour l'Etude de la
Pensee Economique (Charles Gide Association for the Study of
Economic Thought), a conference will be held in Toronto (Ontario,
Canada) in June 1996 on the theme:

                    TIME IN ECONOMIC THOUGHT

In economics, the temporal dimension presents three kinds of
problems, which can be characterized respectively, in one or more
of the following ways:

the manner in which economic agents take time into account: how
     do they anticipate, form expectations, make decisions under
     uncertainty, acquire information;

the manner in which economic analysis itself takes time into
     account: the nature of time (mechanical or historical), the
     nature of causality (instantaneous or temporal), effects of
     time on the formation of equilibrium, and on the
     evolutionary process;

the manner in which history is integrated into economic analysis:
     evolutionary approaches, technological change.

The proposed conference seeks to examine the different
formulations
of time found throughout the history of economics and in
different
intellectual traditions, thereby increasing our understanding of
the significance of time in economics.

Abstracts (one or two pages) of proposed papers must be submitted
to the Program Committee before October 15, 1995. The final
version
of each paper is due by April 15, 1996.

Program Committee:

Richard Arena, LATAPSES, Universite de Nice

Pierre Dockes, Centre Walras, Universite de Lyon II - Louis
Lumiere

Ragip Ege, BETA, Universite de Strasbourg I Louis Pasteur

Omar Hamouda, Glendon College, York University, Toronto

Samuel Hollander, York University, Toronto

Andre Lapidus, Centre d'Histoire de la Pensee Economique,
Universite de Paris I - Pantheon Sorbonne

Marc Lavoie, Universite d'Ottavwa

Claude Meixlinger, LAMIA, Universite de Paris I - Pantheon
Sorbonne

Betsy Price, Massachussets Institute of TechnologY

Robin Rowley, McGill University

Margaret Schabas, Universite d'York, Toronto

Christian Schmidt, LESOD, Universite de Paris IX - Dauphine

All correspondence relative to the conference may be addressed
either to:

Omar Hamouda Departement de science economique Glendon College
Universite York 2275 Bayview Avenue TORONTO, Ontario CANADA M4N
3M6
         Fax: (1) 416 487-6728

Andre Lapidus Centre d'Histoire de la Pensee Economique
Universite de Paris I Pantheon-Sorbonne 90, rue de Tolbiac
75634 PARIS CEDEX 13 FRANCE
         Fax: (33-1) 4S 85 49 91
         E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Ross B. Emmett, Augustana University College, Camrose, Alberta
CANADA   T4V 2R3   voice: (403) 679-1517   fax: (403) 679-1129
e-mail: [log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask]

 * This message contains the file 'time.con', which has been
 * uuencoded. If you are using Pegasus Mail, then you can use
 * the browser's eXtract function to lift the original contents
 * out to a file, otherwise you will have to extract the message
 * and uudecode it manually.