From:
[log in to unmask] (Bruce Caldwell)
Date:
================== HES POSTING ====================

Dear HESers

Absent a write-in upset, I will serve as President-elect of the History
of Economics Society after the current Pres-Elect, Dave Colander, takes
over as President at the Montreal meetings. A principal duty of the
President-elect is to host the annual HES meeting. The meeting in 1999
will take place in Greensboro, North Carolina. Traditionally the meetings
run from Friday through Monday, and we will stick with that tradition.
The only open question is the date.  Three possibilities are June 11-14,
18-21, and 25-28.

Please e-mail me privately if you know of any conflicts with any
of these dates - other meetings is what I mostly have in mind, but if
you have other conflicts (e.g. your school term ends late), that would
be pertinent information too.  After I have collected this
information, I'll let everyone know of the finalized dates.

Please reply to:

Bruce Caldwell