From:
[log in to unmask] (Roderick Hay)
Date:
All of the definitions given will give a place from which to start. I
don't think, however, that a strict definition will be of much use in the
history of economics. Most the writers we encounter will not stick to
that definition. In fact most of the writers we are interested in would
not have defined themselves as "Economists". To understand them we can
not limit ourselves to a modern definition of economics. To read Locke or
Smith or Marx or Mill is to ramble through all of those other "disciplines".