Sender:
From:
"Kevin. Mac Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:53:03 -0500
I should have mentioned that images of a few of the Mark Twain Cigar things
I mentioned can be seen at this fine site that is worth exploring in full.
This link should work. To see an enlargement of an image just click on the
image itself.

http://etext.virginia.edu/railton/sc_as_mt/merchandiz/macdonnell.html

Some of the info is slightly out of date (new things have been discovered
since these images were made some years ago), but the Heppenheimer trade
card is at the center of the image showing various tobacco cards (the Mogul,
Duke, and Lone Jack that I mentioned), and several boxes are shown, although
not the earliest one (the selection was based on what the photographer could
fit into each image, the needs of the site's owner, etc.). The pug-dog
counter stand is sitting in one of the boxes. Stay. Good dog.

Kevin Mac Donnell
Austin TX