Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:12:16 -0500
I find that
most of these errors are on the part of the editor and
printer.  I have had this problem with the book I publilshed
last year.  I had it correct in the text and 'they' take
it and toss it over their head like the cats in Twain's stories and
send it back to the writer.  I sent back the corrections from their
inablity to print it correctly the first time and they could
not be bothered with correcting them.
Yes it is a problem that the books being published are not 100% perfect
It's because no one cares in the process of it, not like over 50 years
ago when people published and it was an 'art form' and people liked
their jobs and had respect for it.

Personally I make the corrections in the book and a note as to where
the
correct 'primary source' is for this correct info and go on.

thanks,
Jules