Date:
My memory is that Veblen comes very close to the concept in Chaps 5 and 6
of THE THEORY OF BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (1904) and in his two essays on
CAPITAL although I also  think that I remember that he didn't quite.
Does anyone (Malcolm?, Larry?) know.  I will check on this sometime in the
next few days.

Anne Mayhew
1101 McClung Tower
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-0411
PH: 615-974-1689; FAX: 615-974-3915; E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]