From:
[log in to unmask] (Edward Slattery)
Date:
Please allow me to introduce myself.  Ed Slattery at Alabama State
University.  I am one of those individuals with little knowledge of money
and banking in the US and otherwise.  Could you give me some
references, relatively casual reading to start, on how early banks
actually operated.  What were their functions and how did they perform
them.  Whom did they benefit/harm?
Thanks,  ED

PS- I'm also new on this network/bulletin board stuff.  Forgive my naivete
with regard to its functioning.  I'm not even sure who is going to get this
message.