From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
Forwarded from the Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities by Ross
Emmett. This may be of interest and help to some members of HES.

Date:          Mon, 9 Oct 1995 13:15:05 -0400
From:          CETH <[log in to unmask]> X-To:          [log in to unmask]
To:            Multiple recipients of list CETH <[log in to unmask]>

Because the topic arose in our discussions during our summer seminar, and
we also had devoted a separate evening session to professional recognition
for computer work in the humanities, I have noticed that MLA has recently
published a draft of guidelines for "evaluating the research, teaching,
and service of faculty members who study, develop, and use electronic
technologies in their work."

This draft appeared in the MLA Newsletter, Fall 1995 and is available in
an html version under the rubric:

http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/mla.guidelines.html

Chris Ann Matteo                        [log in to unmask]
Comparative Literature                  318 East Pyne Hall, P'ton NJ 08544
Princeton University                    530 W. 113th St., 4B, NY NY 10025