From:
Shawn Chirrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 10:48:49 -0500
I would like to thank everyone that responded to my inquiries last week
regarding the relationship of the Internet and Health Promotion (HP).

I received a great wealth of information, both on this list-serve and
sent to me personally.  This information predominantly answered my first
question ("What current and future roles are Information Technology
(i.e., Internet and Community Networking) playing within the field of
Health Promotion?").

I am still interested in discussing my second question - "How is and will
this new technology effect the way that Health Promotion is done?"  I
just want to throw this out to you.....I hope others out there find it an
interesting issue topic to discuss.

To explore this further I will throw out some related questions and issues:
- What areas of HP is the Internet likely to me most signficant and also
for whom?
- Are there any potential negative effects?
- Where will it have no impact?
- Will a lack of skills/knowledge in this area hurt health promoters?

thanks.

Shawn Chirrey, BA MA                 [log in to unmask]      /////
MHSc - Health Promotion Program               or               @   @}
Dept. of Community Health             [log in to unmask]          #
University of Toronto                                            O

p.s. Sorry for any duplication as this is also being cross posted on the
Health Promotion List-Serv.