From:
Kimonui A Holgen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 12:21:40 -1000
The www has a ton of info.  If you haven't already, do a generic search
for cancer and start surfing.  American cancer society, NIH, national
cancer institute, etc.  Also you can call 1-800-4-CANCER.

In addition you may wamt to read a couple of books by Dr. Bernie Siegel
(Love,
medicine, and miracles)  they are very inspirational and will give insight
into what your friend may be up aginst and how to deal with some of these
issuses.  I have some experience dealing with cancer.  My father is on his
third go-round.  This time the Doc's say there is not much they can do
medically (aside from chemo & rad therapy). There are many
stages, i.e. denial, fear,
anger, depression, etc.  Facing the issues head on and working through
them with as much of a knowledge base as possible is to me the best way to
influence outcome.  Rememder that control is difficult or impossible, but
influence is very possible.  Do your best, it is all that anyone can do.

Your friend is lucky to have your help.  Difficult journeys are best
traveled with some friends.

Aloha,