Sender:
From:
Mary Uhl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 10:04:23 -0500
Steve, other members of the forum can speak with more authority than I can
about MT's political views, but for starters you might take a look at the
"politics" entry in Caroline Thomas Harnsberger's _Mark Twain at Your
Fingertips_, which culls several interesting quotes.

My own favorite:  "If we would learn what the human race really _is_ at
bottom, we need only observe it in election times."

Mary Uhl
The University of Iowa