From:
[log in to unmask] (Michael L. Robison)
Date:
======================= HES POSTING ==================

First, as was hopefully clear, I am well aware of the potential for harm
to "the public and the truth" from suppression of unpopular views.  My
example of Cantillion was chosen to be (hopefully) non controversial,
and you, apparently, accept it.  Your statement on "a legitimate
viewpoint" fits with my point.  Someone, or (someones) decide(s) what is
a "a legitimate viewpoint" because they have an obligation not only to
make all legitimate views available, but to evaluate those views.

Second, I would also suggest that there are many problems beyond alleged
inconsistency with Marx(ism) as policy.

Finally, I agree that is is disturbing when political action silences
unacceptable viewpoints.  However, as I said above, it is a function of
academia to evaluate, not merely disseminate, theory.
--
Mike Robison
Math and Economics graduate student