From:
[log in to unmask] (Brian Eggleston)
Date:
================= HES POSTING =================

Robert Leeson's recent mention of Stigler's history of the "kinky demand
curve" prompted me to recall Craig Freedman's "The Economist as Mythmaker"
(Journal of Economic Issues, March 1995, pp. 175-209).  Freedman paints a
less than flattering portrait of Stigler's assault on the kinked demand
curve.

| Brian Eggleston, Ph.D.        |                                          |
| Associate Professor and Chair | "It is by invisible hands that we are    |
| Department of Economics       |  bent and tortured worst."               |
| Augustana College             |                                          |
| Sioux Falls, SD 57197         |  Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra       |