From:
[log in to unmask] (Richard Monypenny)
Date:
===================== HES POSTING =====================

Like others I am not surprised in the low level of response to [Phil's] editorial.
My reason is because I think you are only just starting to touch the topic.

I see that what you have done so far in your editorial as only the first part
of a three part paper. Now you need to draw on your historical skills to do the
second part that is to demonstrate the strong and the weak links between
Ecology and Economics. The third part is then how do these links provide a
structure or platform upon which or with which to tackle the question of How do
we use these links to ensure that we have a future on this earth.

The question of the future is fundamental because it is NOT self evident given
the ecological and economic pressure on many or if not most of the ecological
and economic systems that maintain us on this planet.

One example of such a system is the Tropical Savannas of Northern Australia.

I would strongly encourage you to pursue the further development of your work
into the second and third parts as indicated above because it would be of
considerable help to our work on Tropical Savannas at least, and probably to
others also. I would be willing to provide comment on a later draft.