From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
======================= HES POSTING ===================
c a l l   f o r   p a p e r s
(http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~mfrankel)

The Graduate Group in Marxist Studies at SUNY-Buffalo announces its

        12th Annual Conference in Marxist Studies:

    B E T W E E N  C A P I T A L I S M  &  D E M O C R A C Y

                    APRIL 18, 1997

Keynote Speaker: Ellen Meiksens Wood, Professor of Political Science at
York University, Toronto and author of THE RETREAT FROM CLASS (1986),
and DEMOCRACY AGAINST CAPITALISM (1995).

What is the relationship between these two terms? Antagonistic?
Parasitic? Mutually supportive? And how are each related to that entity
known as "the Enlightenment"? The Graduate Group in Marxist Studies at
SUNY-Buffalo invites submissions of abstracts and papers for
presentation at their Annual Conference in Marxist Studies on Friday,
April 18, 1997. We welcome papers of 8-12 pages or abstracts of 1-2
pages which engage issues related to this year's theme, "Between
Capitalism & Democracy."

Please put author's name on title page only and send three copies of the
paper or abstract by February 15, 1997 to:

Graduate Group in Marxist Studies
c/o Mark Frankel
607 Baldy Hall
SUNY at Buffalo