From:
[log in to unmask] (E. Roy Weintraub)
Date:
===================== HES POSTING ====================

>       Roy Weintraub, in an article, "On the Existence of a Competitive
> Equilibrium ( 1983, J.E.L.), refers to Axel Leijonhufvud's "Oral History
> of Emigre Economists".  I have not been able to locate this in print.  If
> it became a book, what was it called?  Alternatively, is there a better,
> more available, source on who emigrated from Europe to America,
1930-1945:
> biographies and contribution to Economics?

Earlene Craver (Leijonhufvud) published one paper "The Emigration of
Austrian Economists" in HOPE in 1986 (18, 1). The oral history tapes
Axel and Earlene Leijonhufvud collected are in their possession and
will be, we are told, deposited in the Economists' Papers Archive in
Duke's Perkins Library in due course.  A small number of economists
appear in the appendix of 300 notable emigres in the locus classicus
of this historical field: Fleming and Bailyn's *The Intellectual
Migration*, Belknap/Harvard Press, 1969.

E. Roy Weintraub, Professor of Economics
Director, Center for Social and Historical Studies of Science
Duke University, Box 90097
Durham, North Carolina 27708-0097

Phone and voicemail: (919) 660-1838
Fax: (919) 684-8974