From:
[log in to unmask] (Michael Perelman)
Date:
===================== HES POSTING =====================

[Note from the moderator: Please reply in a private message to
[log in to unmask] --E-MS]

Since we have so many Weber experts, let me pose my own question:

Where did Weber first discuss his "iron cage"?

I am familiar with:

Weber, Max. l958. The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism, tr.
Talcott Parsons (NY: Charles Scribner's Sons).
181: "In Baxter's view, the care for external goods should only lie on
the shoulders of the 'saint like a light cloak, which can be thrown
aside at any moment'.  But fate decreed that the cloak should become an
iron cage."

Is there a better place to look?

Thanks.

Michael Perelman