From:
Ann Goldblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:54:22 -0600
We have an organized group of women from Somalia who have expressed a number
of concerns to do with health and access to the health system.

As one issue, they have asked for support to translate the "after care"
information given to parents at the time of immunization.  Before this work
is undertaken, we want to know if anyone else has already done a translation
of this kind of information into Somali.

We've contacted Toronto and Vancouver's public health organizations and have
found, so far, that Toronto has translated info on Hep B and TB.

Could you please let me know, in the course of this week, if you have any
other leads, in Canada or elsewhere.  If you know of other health info
translated into Somali, that would be of interest as well so we don't
recreate what already exists.

Thank you!  Much appreciated.

Ann Goldblatt, Eastwood Public Health Centre
7919 118 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta
T5B 0R5
403-413-5642