From:
theresa schumilas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 22:27:34 -0400
I'm enjoying the "rally" re: health promotion/disease prevention (Personally
I've come full circle on this one - I use to stamp my feet up and down about
a difference - now it all seems more grey and inter-related than it ever did
before.)

A brief comment on the minister appointment, and Howard's message re:
premier's authority.

Its been my experience that authority is much over-rated - especially in a
world still dominated by a competitive approach to power (exactly why the
pharmaceutical industry involvement in the WHO work is so transparent to
me).  The others of us just kind of look on and smile politely when we hear
of such appointments. :)  My cheers to the new Minister, and my support to
the health promoters there.

Theresa Schumilas
Director
Family and Community Resources