From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
=================== HES POSTING =====================

[NOTE: From Femecon-l. IAFFE is the International Association for
Feminist Economics.-- RBE]

Dear Femeconers:

As many of you already know, next year's IAFFE conference will be held, in
cooperation with the Out of the Margin Organization, in Amsterdam, the
Netherlands, from June 2-5, 1998. You can read the call for papers (and
obtain other information about the conference) through the IAFFE web page,
under conferences, or via the conference's direct address:
http://www.fee.uvanl/vak_troep/vbee/oom2.htm

I very much hope to see you in Amsterdam and strongly encourage you to
plan to present a formal or informal paper there. As you will note from
the call for papers, if you would like to present at the conference,  you
need to submit an abstract by one of two deadlines.  The first deadline,
November 1, 1997, is for more formal papers on one of the first five
conference themes. (The themes are listed in the call for papers.)
Abstracts of papers selected in this first round will be printed in a book
available to participants prior to the conference.  For those who wish to
present on-going work at a more explorative and informal session, the
deadline for abstracts of the work to be presented is March 15, 1998.

We hope that you will tell your colleagues and students about the
conference and that each IAFFE member will be successful in persuading a
colleague or student to attend.  In this way, we increase our membership,
strengthen our ranks and in general spread the word about what we are doing
and thinking.

I look forward to welcoming you at what promises to be a most exciting
conference in Amsterdam!

With best wishes,
Myra Strober
IAFFE President