AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Charlotte <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:12:10 -0400
 Last year's Step Into Your Archives during Doors Open Toronto was the most successful ever thanks to the efforts of our volunteers!

TAAG in partnership with the City of Toronto Archives is looking to make this year's SIYA even better, but we can't do it without your help. If you'll be in the Toronto area on May 27 please join us as a SIYA volunteer.

What's in it for you? Free food (lunch is provided courtesy of TAAG), participation in your local archival community and a day of fun archival interaction with the public!

You can volunteer for the entire day (9:30 to 4:30) for just the morning (9:30 to 1:30) or just the afternoon (12:30 to 4:30).  We need people to welcome and direct members of the public to the various events in the building.  This year's line up includes displays by local area archives, a seminar on researching your house, a great storyteller, NFB films, tours of the conservation lab and much more!

Please see the attached volunteer form for more details. Please complete the form and either fax, mail or email it to Angela Iozzo at the City of Toronto Archives, by April 28. Angela Iozzo: Exhibit and Outreach Technician City of Toronto Archives, 255 Spadina Road, Toronto, ON  M5R 2V3. Tel.  416-397-7977 Fax:  416-392-9685 Email:  [log in to unmask]

We look forward to spending the day with you and thank you!

On behalf of the SIYA Committee,

Charlotte Chaffey

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com