AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Frank Vankalmthout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:01:25 -0500
I am posting the below on behalf of the Archives of Ontario.  Please use the
contacts below if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Frank van Kalmthout
Librarian, Archives of Ontario

The Archives of Ontario is in the process of transferring the province's
archival holdings to a newly built off-site storage facility.  This
initiative gives the Archives of Ontario the ability to better preserve
Ontario's documentary heritage in a safe and appropriate environment.
Services for the public, such as the retrieval of records, will continue to
operate from the Archives of Ontario at 77 Grenville Street, Toronto.

During this period, we anticipate delays in the retrieval of archival
material. Customers may experience turnaround times of up to five business
days to meet requests for materials.  Turnaround times for retrieval
requests during the move will depend on whether the records have already
arrived in the new facility, or are in transit to the new facility, or have
not yet been moved.  Archives staff will be able to advise you which of
these conditions pertain to your request.  Once the transfer is complete,
the Archives of Ontario will be able to offer you faster and more efficient
service, including:

*       Improved information about our collections and holdings
*       More timely information regarding the status of containers and
customer orders
*       Improved customer service, with twice a day delivery of off-site
holdings to the Archives. main public facility.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your patience during
this time period.

For updates, please visit our website at www.archives.gov.on.ca.  If you
have further questions, please telephone or e-mail the Archives at:  (416)
327-1600 OR 1-800-668-9933 (toll free line for Ontario residents).
Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>