AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:12:17 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Mike Fish <[log in to unmask]>
I would like to thank Dan and Brian for there comments in regards to this issue of status of the archives in Windsor.

I would like to state categorically that the archival program in Windsor is not threaten with closure. I do not know nor understand where the belief that the program was under imminent threat of being shut down. There has not been any suggestions made in the media, by the city or staff of the archives of such an action taking place.

The plan that is before council is for the City of Windsor take over the administration of the Municipal Archives from the Windsor Public Library, with the vision of enhancing services and access for the people of Windsor.

If anyone does have any questions or concerns about this issue, I would be more than happy to entertain any such queries.

Sincerely,

Michael Fish
Municipal Archivist
Windsor Public Library