AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
SHARON LARADE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 11:24:00 -0400
ARCHIVES OPEN HOUSE

Help us to celebrate Archives Awareness Day and the
heritage of the United Church of Canada in the year of its
75th birthday - Welcome the United Church into the new
millennium!

You are invited to an Open House at the United Church /
Victoria University Archives on Saturday, April 8, 2000,
10:00 am to 4:00 pm. The Archives is located at 95 Charles
Street West, just steps from the Museum Subway Stop on the
University-Spadina line.

The Open House will feature historic displays in the
Reading Room, children's activities, an opportunity to sign
a birthday card for the United Church and refreshments in
the staff room. We look forward to seeing you on the 8th -
all are welcome!
Kids, enter our contest!
In anticipation of this grand event, we are holding a
contest for children to design a birthday card for the
United Church of Canada.

Children are asked to create and decorate a birthday card
made out of a sheet of bristol board (folded in half to
form a card). There will be three age categories: Primary
(ages 7 + under), Intermediate (8 - 12), and Youth (12 +
up). Please indicate age groups on entries.

Entries must be submitted to the Archives by Saturday,
April 8, 2000 before 1:00pm. Judging will take place at
1:00pm and prizes will be awarded at that time (or mailed
if entrants are unable to join us in person).

Entries which are being submitted by mail should be sent to
the following address:

The United Church/Victoria University Archives
73 Queens Park Cres. East Toronto, ON M5S 1K7

If you require any further details, please feel free to
contact the Archives at (416) 585-4563.

http://vicu.utoronto.ca/archives/openhouse.html

----------------------
Sharon Larade
Chief Archivist
United Church of Canada / Victoria University Archives
416.585.4562  fax 416.585.4584
Church House 416.231.7680 x7044
http://vicu.utoronto.ca/archives/archives.htm

The Archives is financially supported by the United Church
of Canada, Victoria University, and by charitable donations.
Any donations to assist our work would be gratefully
received; tax receipts will be issued.