AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Michele Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:33:10 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

The Committee that is responsible for organizing Step Into Your Archives Day
met recently to begin planning for this event. The first item on our agenda
was a major scheduling conflict. Step Into Your Archives (SIYA) has always
been presented in conjunction with Doors Open Toronto, and this year would
have taken place on Saturday May 29th. As it turns out, on May 29th key
members of the organizational team for SIYA will be in Montreal at the
Association of Canadian Archivists conference -- and unfortunately, we can't
be in two places at once.

This fact makes it impossible for us to hold SIYA on May 29th -- however,
all is not lost!

We have decided to re-schedule to Saturday October 2nd, with the City of
Toronto Archives still being our host venue. The SIYA Committee believes
that the October date will be even better than May 29th -- and not only
because there will be soooooo much more time for us to organize things!

Stayed tuned for more information that we will circulate to you as soon as
we have it. And, to any and all who have been inconvenienced by this change
in date, we do apologize.

Best regards,

Michele Dale
TAAG President