AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Mary Gladwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:57:11 -0400
As Chairperson of this year's Awards Committee, I urge all of you to consider nominating deserving Archivists and institutions for awards.

The AAO provides four awards to recognize individual, institutional and corporate achievement.  These awards include the Alexander Fraser Award which is given to individuals who have contributed in a significant way to the advancement of the archival community in Ontario.  The James J. Talman Award is given to individuals who have demonstrated an outstanding level of imagination and innovation in contributions to the profession, their institutions, or the archival community, or who have pioneered in any aspect of archival work.  The AAO Corporate Award is awarded to organizations, corporations, or agencies of any kind that have been particularly supportive of archives and/or the archival community.  The final award, the AAO Institutional Award, is given to an archival institution that has contributed significantly to the advancement of the archival field, or has demonstrated a significant level of innovation and imagination in establishing programmes or services.

Check the latest issue of Off the Record for further details about submitting nominations.

Once you've made your decision(s), you can send your submission to me using the regular postal service, by fax, or my e-mail.  If the latter method is used, please put 'Awards Committee' in the subject line and provide the information as listed on the appropriate nomination form.

Thanks everyone.  There are many hard-working, creative members of the AAO; and there have been some amazing programmes set up; let's acknowledge these efforts and celebrate our innovation and creativity.  Archivists and Archives are worth it!

Mary

  Mary Gladwin, Archivist
  County of Oxford Archives
  12 Vine St., P.O. Box #69