AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Sheree Bonaparte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 09:34:55 -0400
Hi Jim,
I have been trying out scanning software and I have not come across
anything that can OCR handwritten documents. However, I have come across
one software package that seems to answer my immediate need, of full text
searching scanned documents. The major problem I have is the "noise"
caused by signatures, letter heads, logos, and images when it is the text
I want. The software is Omnipage Pro 10 by Caere. We are testing this
software. The major difference is that it scans a document in sections,
allowing you to ignore the noise and concentrate on the text.
Sheree