From:
Adriane Griffen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:25:20 -0400
HEALTHY PEOPLE LOGO COMPETITION

We're looking for a unique and eye-catching graphic to use as the logo for
the new generation of Healthy People objectives for the next decade...and
we're encouraging the public to help us.

Here's what we want the logo to say:
Healthy People

Here's what we think the logo needs to do:
-The logo must convey the essence of the next generation of Healthy People
objectives, for which the theme is Healthy People in Healthy
Communities/Health for All.
-The logo must be usable in a variety of sizes-from postage stamp, to
stationary, to football stadium banners.
-The logo must be able to be used in one color...or many colors.
-The logo must be easy to read.

The rules:
1.  All entries must be accompanied by a signed entry form available at
http://www.health.gov/healthypeople/launch/win99logo.htm and must be
received by 5 p.m., April 30, 1999.
2.  All entries become the property of the U.S. Department of Health and
Human Services (HHS); all copyrights are waived on submission.
3.  ODPHP reserves the right to combine several submissions or to alter any
single submission for use as the Healthy People logo.
4.  ODPHP agrees to use any submissions to the Healthy People Logo
Competition ONLY for this purpose. We reserve the right to display graphical
representations of non-winning entries during the launch conference.
5.  ODPHP will be the sole judge of the winning entry/entries.
6.  Winners will be notified in writing by July 1, 1999. ODPHP will provide
roundtrip airfare and two nights' hotel accommodation to the launch
conference (January 24-28, 2000 in Washington, D.C.) for the identified
winner. No cash compensation will be provided. Winners will be officially
recognized during the conference for their contributions.

DEADLINE:  All entries must be received by 5pm, April 30, 1999

For more information on Healthy People, go to:
http://www.health.gov/healthypeople