From:
Rick Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:01:12 -0400
Surely there must be a question about whether flower remedies etc. "work".
It's not just 'medical model' to want evidence of effectiveness, despite the
fact that notions of evidence are dominated by approaches common in
mainstream medical research.  I'm open to alternatives, but how can I know
that they're effective?  Otherwise I'm vulnerable to snake oil salesmen.
How about some informed discussion about research appropriate to alternative
approaches?