From:
SHRC/FCSN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 14:07:51 -0400
Action on Women's Addictions - Research and Education wrote:

> Does anyone know of an on-line support group or reliable chat room for a
> young woman who has a long and serious history of depression?  We have
> connected her with a therapist and a self-help/support group locally, but
> she is also interested in on-line supports, too.  I have also contacted SHRC
> in TO.  Thanks for your help.
> Wendy Reynolds
> Program Coordinator
> AWARE (Action on Women's Addictions -
> Research & Education)
> PO Box 86
> Kingston, ON
> K7L 4V6
> (613) 545-0117
> (613) 545-1508 FAX

We will be talking to Wendy directly about online support options for
the individual  mentioned but thought others might want to know about 2
good general sources of information. The Self-Help Resource Centre in
Toronto is beginning a project to link to all Canadian online supports
on our web site, currently at www3.sympatico.ca/shrc. Watch for
expansion news in the next few months ! Also, the US site affiliated
with the National Self-Help Clearinghouse in New Jersey, is worth
tapping into. See www.cmhc.com/selfhelp for more details. Please also
feel free to call the Self-Help Resource Centre at 416-487-4355 or our
new toll-free line - 1-888-283-8806 for any specific group info.

Randi Fine
Executive Director
Self-Help Resource Centre of Greater Toronto (SHRC),
Ontario Self-Help Network (OSHNET) &
Family Caregivers' Support Network (FCSN)

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask]
SHRC Web Page:  http://www3.sympatico.ca/shrc
FCSN Web Page:  http://www3.sympatico.ca/fcsn