CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Flo Harding <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 13:57:13 EDT
Apologies if this is not relevant. I would be grateful if you would please
forward to anyone you think is in a position to assist. Grateful thanks.

From: Florence Harding, Information Officer, Technical Support Group,
Health Department, Commonwealth Secretariat, Marlborough House,
Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5HX
Tel & Fax: 44 171 747 6543
1st June 1999

Project : The Health Department of the Commonwealth Secretariat has been
asked to collect Models of Good Practice which promote and support
sustainability of immunisation coverage in Commonwealth countries.

We are presently looking for programmes that meet some or all of the
following criteria:

1. Programmes that have achieved the identified goal e.g 90% coverage

2. Programmes that are efficient in terms of organisation and management
(staffing, cold chain, availability of vaccines, service delivery - getting
vaccines where they are required)

3. Programme sustainability: donor funds, government funds, availability of
appropriately trained personnel

4. Partnerships /collaboration: NGOs, community participation, private
organisations

5. Information management on immunisation - collection of data from both
private and public sector, compiling and disseminating data; using data for
planning purposes

6. Extenuating circumstances: where a programme has been successful but new
emerging circumstances such as HIV/AIDS have had a negative impact, this
project will still be accepted.

If you know of any programmes that score high, please let me know the
countries so that we may seek further information in order to document and
share the programme among Commonwealth countries.

We would like to have this information by Friday 11th June 1999 in order that
we might prepare the necessary publication for dissemination of the results.
If you can help in any of the these activities, I would be grateful to hear
from you as soon as possible. Thank you and do contact me if you have any
questions.