From:
[log in to unmask] (JP Schulz)
Date:
================= HES POSTING =================

Hi,

I do not know anything about an influence of Tolstoy on Menger but I
found something about the relationship between Tolstoy and Friedrich von
Wieser. Maybe it will help you:

"Herbert Spencer's The Study of Sociology in conjunction with Leo
Tolstoy's War and Peace had such a strong impact on him, however, that
he definitely abandoned his youthful preoccupation with history and
became intensely involved with social phenomena."

Hayek, Friedrich August von (1926/1992): Friedrich von Wieser. In:
Klein, Peter G. (1992): The Collected Works of F. A. Hayek. Volume IV.
London. P. 110.

Jan Pieter Schulz