From:
Brian Ten Eyck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 19:54:15 -0700
There is a site, somewhere on the net, about hoaxes. I either used Cardiff
Giant, or
Hoax for search word and
came up with it. It is very complete and seems accurate in regard to what I
know
about it. I once saw it at
the Farmers Museum in the Cooperstown NY area. I believe it has moved but is
still in
the same part of the
state. I was there this past summer but did not have time to search it out
again. Got
my stuff off the net
mid summer last year, saw it in the mid 70's. Not really much to look at and
hard to
believe anyone would
fall for it..... It was built in Iowa (If I recall correctly) and taken in
by
cart.... but all that is in the web article.