AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
"Purser, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 11:52:48 -0400
Hi Paul,

I have both FileMaker Pro v4 and v5 at home.  My wife's school board uses v4
for doing report cards.  I have been using v5 for the past year to manage
the registrations and training history ,etc. of all the Scouters (Scouts
Canada leaders) in our district.

So far I like the program.  Someone else created the database but I get to
fix problems and create reports.  I'm learning it as I go.  At work I have
used both MSAcess 97 and Q&A.  I hate Access and am a big fan of Q&A.  As
with any othe DB Filemaker Pro takes time, patience and a real life
application to learn but it doesn't seem to have as large an aggravation
factor as Access.

Jim

Jim Purser
Records and Information Officer