From:
Kevin J Bochynski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:47:37 -0400
To Mark Twain Forum members:

On Friday, a large file attachment was inadvertently included in a message
to the Mark Twain Forum. Our list server software is programmed to reject
files over a certain size and not to allow attachments. Due to a glitch, the
message got through, and as many of you are aware, caused some problems with
some subscribers' e-mail. Other systems automatically reject files over a
certain size so, hopefully, most of you were spared from any inconvenience.

As a precaution, the list was shut down over the weekend until the problem
could be investigated and resolved. The file has also been removed from the
Forum's logs files so it will not interfere with archive searches. The Mark
Twain Forum has reopened and the settings have been restored and checked so
this problem should not happen again.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The list has
been in smooth and continuous operation for over seven years so I hope you
will pardon this unexpected speed bump. I want to thank Taylor Roberts and
the technical staff at York University for their prompt response and
swift resolution of the problem.

Please contact me directly if you have any questions about this matter.

Thank you for patience and continued support.

Kevin Bochynski
List Administrator