Date:
Fri Mar 31 17:18:22 2006
From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)

CALL FOR HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT SYLLABI

We need your help in maintaining and improving this valuable tool for
teachers and students of the history of economic thought.

The HES syllabus collection, which can be accessed from the History of
Economics Society homepage, contains about thirty course syllabi.
(http://www.eh.net/HisEcSoc/Resources/syllabi.shtml) The syllabi cover a
variety of types of history of economic thought courses taught in the
U.S., Canada, and Scotland.

The collection was originally assembled in 1996 (with syllabi dating back
to 1992) and is a valuable resource for those preparing to teach history
of economic thought. UNFORTUNATELY, the collection cannot automatically
update itself. Keeping it up-to-date requires the efforts of us all.

-As you put the finishing touches on your fall history of economic
thought syllabus, please email a copy of it to us so that we can include
it in the collection. -In addition, if you have taught a history of
economic thought course in the recent past, please send us a copy. -If
your syllabus is on the web, please let us know its URL, so that we can
provide a link for others.

Send your syllabus or syllabus web address to [log in to unmask] (please
indicate that the syllabus is for the History of Economics Syllabus
collection) or [log in to unmask] (Ross Emmett).

Thanks,

Ross B. Emmett
Chief Editor, HES
Member, Executive Committee, EH.Net