From:
[log in to unmask] (J. Barkley Rosser, Jr.)
Date:
================= HES POSTING =================

Robin,

Have fun and good luck.

Speaking of Joan Robinson, of course I presume that everybody on this list
knows that she never did get the Nobel Prize, even though she certainly
deserved it, if just for _Economics of Imperfect Competition_, which
would have annoyed her to get it for as McKenzie accurately noted.

I have heard from someone who claimed to have heard it first hand that
Assar Lindbeck once declared that she would get the prize over his dead
body.  The same person told me that Lindbeck had also said the same about
James Buchanan at the same time.  Of course, by the time Buchanan got his
Nobel, Joan Robinson had been dead for several years.  Hmmm.

Barkley Rosser