From:
[log in to unmask] (Ian Runge)
Date:

Avi J. Cohen asked for the source of the following:

>During the Cambridge capital controversies, I recall seeing a statement
>something like "when economists agree about capital theory they will have
>agreed on everything else."

The quotation comes from Bliss, C.J. (1975) "Capital Theory and the
Distribution of Income"  Oxford: North-Holland Publishing.

The (partial) quote is: "When economists reach agreement on the theory of
capital they will shortly reach agreement on everything.  Happily for those
who enjoy a diversity of views and beliefs, there is little danger of this
outcome."

To demonstrate the validity of the quote, the terms "theory of capital"
(used by Bliss) and "capital theory" (used in your quote) were also subject
to much debate and these terms must also be used carefully!

Ian Runge