From:
[log in to unmask] (James Aune)
Date:
================= HES POSTING =======================

My name is Jim Aune, and I teach at Texas A & M.  I am a professor of
rhetoric, but I am interested in the way technical economic arguments are
represented in public communication.  I have been thinking of doing a study
of the "federal reserve conspiracy" argument [I noticed that it surfaced
yet again during the Million Youth March in NYC], and I was wondering if
there are some standard sources I am missing--not the conspiracy arguments
themselves, but any academic commentary on the conspiracy arguments.  It's
of particular interest to me that the conspiracy theorists seem to use the
"Austrian" defense of the gold standard and "free banking" as ammunition
for their arguments. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Aune
Texas A & M