From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
=================== HES POSTING =====================

In the process of trying to pull together some research which would link
the concepts of "free speech" and "free markets" I am very interested in
finding some good sources which would, among other things, describe the
emergence of merchant-class demands for "freer" communications in the
Italian City-States ca. Machiavellia (give or take a few hundred years)
in the late 15th Century.  Can anyone point me in some fruitful
directions?  Preferably in English translations, 'cause it's been
nearly 40 years since I studied Latin, (and, alas, never any Classical
Italian -- a sure sign of a misspent youth 8<).  Also (my medieval
European history is a bit dated, too)  anything that might suggest some
ties back to the 13th-14th Century writings of Thomas Aquinas and the
later Aquinians.

Thank you in advance for any assistance which you may provide.

Bill Moore, Department of Economics
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
<[log in to unmask]>  (501) 575-6105

============ FOOTER TO EH.RES POSTING ============
For information, send the message "info EH.RES" to [log in to unmask]