From:
[log in to unmask] (Bill Moore)
Date:
================== HES POSTING ======================

Although a bit dated, H. H. Liebhafsky's (r.i.p) 1971 text published by Wiley
& sons, _American Government and Business_ addresses not only the role of
logical positivism, but compares and contrasts it with natural law and
instrumentalist approaches.  It also shows the philosophical ties between
positivism as used in the law, and how that also relates to economics.
Chapters 2 and 3 (pps. 18-39) and the Appendix (p. 565 ff.) address this issue
specifically, but the entire book is built around the differences in the three
approaches (actually four, since he also distinguishes between "mystical" and
"secular" natural law).  I also have an electronic copy (kinda rough) of the
entire syllabus for that Methodology course, with readings dating back to the
Greeks and ending with a few articles from the mid-'70s.  Anyone who might
like to have a copy, can e-mail me directly and I'll send it along.

Bill Moore, Economics Department
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville