From:
[log in to unmask] (Paul Wendt)
Date:
================= HES POSTING ====================

Folks,

First, let me apologize for a technical mistake.

Last night, or this morning in the East, I invited you to read my 1998-09
quarterly report on geographical distribution of HES subscribers by region
and country (big tables of small numbers): visit our homepage at
http://www.eh.net/HisEcSoc/ and select "HES Email List", then
"Geographical Distribution". [nearly quoting myself]

But I did not make that file available for public webbrowsing!  Now it is
available.

Second, let me anonymously thank the subscriber who sent notice of the
problem.

Third, let me call for comments of all kinds.

We webitors (the web editorial team)  need your comments in order to
improve the site.  We solicit everything from suggestions for new features
to notices of brute mistakes such as my correspondent sent this morning.

Our standard footer, which appears on almost every page, includes a
contact line with the email address of a particular editor, such as:

   Created: 2 August 1995 by Ross B. Emmett
   Last updated: 23 October 1998 by Paul Wendt
   Comments or suggestions: [log in to unmask] (Paul Wendt)

(on the Email List page).  If you have a general suggestion, it will be OK
to send it to the contact address on any particular page.

October is Boston's finest month, and this is one of October's finest
days, so I will spend no more of it.   Thank you for your time.

Paul Wendt, Watertown MA
Asst.editor, HES e-info services (history of economics)
        http://www.eh.net/HisEcSoc