From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:

http://www.eh.net/Archives/hes/

you will find a new format for accessing the monthly list of messages,
and a search engine. Identify a keyword and the engine will give you a
ranked listing of messages in the HES list archive which are relevant to
that keyword. The messages are ranked according to "how well" the
message relates to your keyword. My own searches reveal that the
search engine puts a heavy weight on the keyword appearing in the
subject line, and lower weights on instances where the keyword
appears in the body of the message posted to the list.

Similar search engines have been installed on the web pages for the
archives of all other EH.Net lists.

I hope list members find this search engine useful.

Ross Emmett