AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:38:24 -0500
From:
ARCHIVES ARCHIVES <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Brian Masschaele (archivist)" <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Brian,

This is certainly a very valuable email in that it outlines how a negative
can be made into a positive and the fact that its very good in that the
damage is in many ways minimal.

The school board archives has now moved from the town of Simcoe to
Waterford and is in Waterford District High School.  In this way we can
take full advantage of the volunteer hours of students and have co-op
students and we had this past summer a summer student who we hope to be
able to have back again on a summer experience grant.

We are now expanding to three rooms one for each county for their
educational records and we will hopefully this year start receiving
material from the Separate School Board as they have entered into an
agreement with the Grand Erie Education Archives.

I don't know if Margaret Dryden from Norfolk County has yet contacted you
about attending a meeting as they are interested in joining with the Grand
Erie Education Archives, a division of the Grand Erie District School
Board.  She is supposed to contact about having a meeting this month to
help them work this out with us.

Best Regards
Dan Walker