AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Iona McCraith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:10:02 -0400
Thank you Russ for sharing the news story about the unfortunate fire at the
Legislature this past Sunday.  The good news in this story is how the
library staff put their disaster plan to work and by covering the books with
tarps ensured their protection had water entered the library.   This event
could easily have had a much different outcome and done much damage to the
valuable library collection if the staff had not been prepared.    I
congratulate our colleagues at the  Legislative Library of Ontario.

Iona McCraith
Preservation Consultant
Archives Association of Ontario